CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

" Without Wax "


LOVE MUST BE SINCERE
Paul’s first command is “love must be sincere”. This is one of those times when we can understand the text much better after we have looked at the words carefully. The word “sincere” comes from the Latin words sine cera, which means “without wax”. According to one popular explanation, dishonest sculptors in Rome or Greece would cover flaws in their work with wax to deceive the viewer; therefore, a sculpture "without wax" would mean honesty in its perfection.

So when you said those words, I didn't know what they meant. It was seriously driving me insane how you were being all mysterious saying that I shall know in time. Well it kept me up all night, tossing and turning wondering what it was. Chloe and I did a little research in yearbook, and we figured it out.
I think that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. Honestly, it's so original and I obviously didn't hear it before, and I'm glad that it was you who introduced this expression to me. Here I am sitting, typing away, thinking about it. This is a time were I want to find the perfect words to explain how I'm feeling, but as I said in a past blog, "Words cannot paint your true emotions".

0 comments: