CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

I'll wear this white ribbon to remember... and be aware



Tomorrow is the National Day of Rememberance & Action on Violence Against Woman. On that day in 1989, 14 young women at l'École Polytechnique de Montréal died, because they were women. He seperated the class, men on one side, women on the other. Asked the men to step outside, and then shot each and everyone of the women in the class. Its not just violence as in shooting either, its abuse, wheater its verbally or physically we have to recognize and not repeat. Its also the song lyrics that some people have and what they say and call us women. Do we really like to be called this from our day to day lives? Why is it right for them to have it in their lyrics?

I say this from a person of experience who came out of a horrible relationship where I had to be careful of what I say or do. I would get hit constantly just because I wasn't strong enough, or just because I didn't listen to his authority. The man isn't more powerful than the woman in the relationship, there should be equality in the relationship and where two people can talk like civilized people.

0 comments: