CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

In my parents' point of view

So I got into a big discussion with my parents about the fact that I'm turning eighteen.
Let me get one point across... in their eyes, i'm still a child. They don't let me go places that I want to go, or stay out late or have sleepovers... The only way i can do that is if i lie, or just sneak out, or stay that I'm with my cousin (who isn't the best influence in the world i know).
Anyway, so i asked them if i was able to be in charge of myself because I am a young adult, there answer was a straight up no. They said if i wanted to stay out late and party or whatever, that I had to move out of their house immediately, (in which i can't wait to).
Whats even more ridicules, is that my younger cousin, gets to stay out and do whatever the fuck he wants. Do you want to know my parents response to that. ITS BECAUSE HE'S A GUY. I almost couldn't believe it, they were keeping me inside the house just because I was a girl? Sometimes I think that my parents never even wanted me, that I was a disgrace ever since the doctor told them I was a girl.

If i was a boy, they would probably respect me more. Trust in my decisions. If I was a boy, what would I be like? Would I be able to go out at night, and party, maybe even get to drink alcohol outside of the house?

If I was a boy my parents would love me more.

1 comments:

PeeJay said...

there was so much more that i could say